The Carthage Public Library has an immediate position for a staff member to work at the internet, reference and teen desks. Hours are Thursday and Friday 9-6 and at least two Saturdays a month. Pick up an application at the front circulation desk.
Are you registered to vote? If not, we have two upcoming voter registration events going on here at Carthage Public Library:
- Wednesday 9/26/18 from 9:30 am to noon
- Monday 10/8/18 from 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm
Our Children’s director Ms. Sherri is back, and so is our Wednesday Story Time! Join us next Wednesday (9/26) at 10 am for our next session. We hope to see you there! A few details:
- Due to the current building maintenance project, we will be having Story Time in the Children’s area rather than the Community Room
- We’ll be skipping the crafts portion of the event for a few sessions due to space constraints
- Some things in the Children’s area (toys, puzzles, some computers) may be closed or inaccessible while Story Time is underway
Due to building maintenance and Food Truck Friday, Carthage Public Library will be closing at noon on Friday, September 14, 2018. We will re-open with normal operating hours on Saturday, September 15, 2018.
Programming is starting again this month! Join us next Monday (September 10) at 10 am for bilingual storytime with Ms. Janine. However, we will NOT be having our regular English-language storytime with Ms. Sherri next week as we originally planned. Ms. Sherri will definitely be resuming storytime within a few weeks though, and we’ll have details soon, so stay tuned!
Along with our building, our website is also undergoing renovation! Everything from the old site should be back very soon, slightly rearranged. In the meantime, contact us at 417-237-7040 if you have any questions.