We are eager to get back to serving our community in person, but health and safety of our patrons and staff remain our top priority. To make sure we are operating as safely as possible, we are taking a phased approach to reestablishing services. We will be starting with contact-less curbside service beginning Monday, May 18, as we continue to monitor the recommendations of government and public health officials and plan for the next steps. The library building itself will remain closed to patrons at this time, so service will be drive through only for the next several weeks. Here’s how our curbside/drive through service will work:
- We will be filling holds only for our own patrons, and only on local items owned by Carthage Public Library at this time.
- Holds and checkouts are temporarily limited to 10 items per account.
- You may place holds either by calling the library directly, or via self-service online at your convenience. No matter how you place your holds, you will still need to make a phone call to arrange a pick-up time. We ask that you wait at least 24 hours after placing your holds before calling to arrange your pick-up time.
- To arrange your pick-up time, give us a call and speak to one of our staff members. Our phones will be online starting on Monday, May 18 at 11 am. Staff members will be answering phones and scheduling pickups between 11am and 6pm Monday through Friday, with Saturday hours coming soon. We ask that you have your card number handy when you call us, but we can still assist you if you’ve misplaced it.
- To pick up your items at your prearranged time, just pull through the book drop area. Look for the table just outside the staff entrance. Your items will be in a sealed bag, already checked out and ready to go, with the due date slip inside. Simply pick up the bag with your name on it – there’s no need to show proof of identity when picking your items up. Surveillance cameras are situated in the pick-up area for for security. If you don’t pick your items up at the scheduled time, we will bring them back into the library and you can call again to reschedule another pickup time.
- After that, just pull forward through the book drop to return any materials, and you’re done! When dropping books off, for safety reasons, all materials will be quarantined inside the library for 72 hours before being returned to the collection. So if you drop something off and don’t see it removed from your account the same day, don’t worry! It will be checked in a few days later and you won’t incur any fines due to the delay.
We look forward to serving you soon!